This position is open to Working Holiday Makers & skilled tradespeople with valid working visas who have minimum of 6 months left on their visa; and employer sponsorship may be available for the right candidates.
Specialising in large scale landscape and civil construction projects for builders, government bodies, developers, architects and contractors our client are expert managers with more than 28 years\' experience who have successfully completed high quality hard and soft landscapes throughout NSW, the ACT, QLD and VIC.
Reporting to the Senior Foreman, we are looking for experienced, self-motivated Leading Hands who can manage small teams, focus on quality, safety and provide excellent customer service with every interaction.
To be considered for this role you must have demonstrated work experience in the following:
- Manage and lead a small team as well as sub-contractors, whilst working closely with the Senior Foreman
- The ability to read and interpret plans
- Experience with a combination of soft and hard works
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Be able to complete assigned tasks to meet all timeframes/deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in a wide range of operating hand tools
- Have a focus on quality and OH&S ensuring that every task is carried out in the safest manner, this includes conducting/participating in toolbox talks
- Ensure all tasks completed within safety regulations
The successful candidate will have:
- A professional & courteous attitude to ensure that you are representing our client in the best light
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with the Foreman/Project -
Manager, employees and sub contractors
- Have the ability to work and create a harmonious work environment
- Demonstrated experience in a hands on role
- Be punctual and reliable at all times
- Possess excellent time management skills & have the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong focus on quality and providing a safe work environment – zero harm
In addition to be considered for this role the successful candidate will have:
- Certificate III in Landscape Construction OR Horticulture (essential)
- 2-3 years out of apprenticeship
- Experience in soft and hard works
- Clean Valid Drivers Licence
- White Card
- Operating Skills preferred not essential (must have VOC)
- Reliable vehicle
Your pay rate will be based on your level of qualifications, experience and responsibilities. You will be provided with a uniform and PPE will be provided, however you will need to supply your own steel cap boots.
Core hours of work are 7.00am - 3.30 pm however there will be overtime as required.
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this role, then apply now by attaching your up-to-date Resume in Word format that outlines your skills and attributes relevant to this exciting position.
Due to a high volume of applicants only short listed candidates will be contacted.
||New South Wales
- Applicants to this job must either have a Work Visa or be a Citizen
- Applicants to this job must be arriving in the country in the next 3 months
- Applicants to this job must have over 2 years experience